RACE RELATIONS BLOG: "My Nigga, My Nigger"

Monday, August 15, 2005

"My Nigga, My Nigger"



"My Nigga", "My Nigger"
What is the difference?
Is saying "My nigga" to a friend suppose to invoke positive influence?
Is it ok for a White person to say it?
And we as Black people not curse or have a fit?
Have we forgotten our ancestors downtrodden?
Their very being described in malice by the cold-hearted slave-owners, overseers and others that didn't care; used on our ancestors to invoke submission and fear.
What if the tables were turned?
Do you think its then we would learn?
What if it was "What's up my kike?" Would it be a term of endearment Jews would like?
Or "What up my cracker?" Would race in case really matter?
Or even "What up my chink?" What would your Chinese friend think?
How about "What up my spic?" Would your Mexican friend want to sit down and kick it?
Why is it only our race greets with a slang racial epithet?
And never think to regret,
How we hurt ourselves, sistas and brothas.
What about those that dislike the term?
It time that we all should learn.
"My nigga", "My nigger"
What is the difference?
When will we wake up from our ignorance?
--- Inspired by God, Written by Aphrikan B.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, I write for my school newspaper, in Durham School of the Arts, NC. I prefer to write columns, and one I have been dying to write is focused on the "n" word. I want to ask if I can use that poem in my article. My article is going to be about how all the "n" word is doing is enforcing the idea, "Separate, but equal", the idea that the Civil Rights Movement was fighting so hard against. I am Persian, so it would be more of a third person look into the issue.
My whole theory, is we should stop looking at people, and thinking this-They are white and black, but they are equal. That is what gives us a foundation for racism. What we should do, is look at two people, call them men, and know they are equal.
I dont like to sit around and argue one on one. I go out and get my word out to the whole school, and if I can, the whole community. I want your poem to help us get our word out, so I hope you let me put it into my article.

10:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

im not racist i love black people i think everyone should own one..$

4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home